Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random Thoughts

It's been awhile since I did some serious writing. The problem is now that I am a daddy, i really don't have that much time anymore. I am NOT complaining. I am totally enjoying and loving every moment of my son. And when I do have time, I am normally on the train heading into the city... and sometime that's when I write - on my ipod touch.. then come home and forget to blog it. lol.

As you know, recently I attended Free to Succeed Tour by David Jay and Jasmine Star. Well after all that information they gave us, I came to realized that a lot of things they mentioned I used to do when my wife and I had our Preschool photography business. We walked into each school and pretty much sold ourselves as who we are.. just two awesome fun people that loves kids who happens to be photographer. At the end of the day, it wasnt about how the images came out. It was all about how great we were with the kids. How much fun they had... and all were captured on paper so that the parents can see it. One thing we made sure was to make a HUGE impression to the teachers, the admin, and the school staff. why?? because they will tell the parents how much fun their kids has.... and when they see the pictures, they dont have a choice but to buy all of them. .... those were the days. Well I got alot of things I need to do to make my wedding photography business better, both myself and for the clients. It will be good. :-)

Over the weekend, Amanda and I werent great parents. Dylan fell off our bed. Thank god he didnt fall on the floor, but to my i guess you can call it a night stand table. he hit his head pretty hard and loud. We ran into our bedroom. Thank god he was ok. It could have been much worst. Good thing it didnt. Scared the hell out of both of us. We love you son. I'm gonna make you a website so i can show you off to the world. :)

We're gonna be out of town on Thursday evening heading down to North Georgia for a wedding. Amanda's best friend, Mandy will be getting married to a fine gentlement, Justine. No I am not their wedding photographer.. but I will try to snap some pics of them. I dont know how much I will be able to get. Amanda will be the Matron of Honor, so that means I got Dylan all to myself. I think my mother in law and sister in law will be coming. Hopefully they can watch him for me. I havent fly to Georgia since the first time I went down to meet her family (4 yrs ago). We normally drive. But because we dont have that much time off, we decided to fly. Plus the airfares are free.. I won it from the company's christmas party last year. heheh!

Well its midnight now, and its time to sleep.. got to get up in 5 hours. Yes this is the only time I have to myself.

nite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, great blog, I understand about your son falling, all of mine have done the same off a bed or couch, just means they are growing and your going to have to really watch out now! Can't wait to see the pics from the Georgia wedding!